Finiata is on a mission to support small businesses to master their liquidity with ease and we are looking for a Senior Ruby Backend Engineer to join our small, ambitious and dedicated Engineering team.
Note: In addition to our Berlin-based office, we are also open to hire you on a fully remote setup as long as you are legally based in Germany.
- Designing systems and architecture
- Developing new features and writing their implementation
- Reviewing, analyzing and fixing bottlenecks and bugs
- Improving our processes through agile development practices
- Maintaining and improving our deployment infrastructure and pipeline
- Learning through pair programming, collaboration and code review
- 5+ years of strong Ruby on Rails expertise
- Proven architectural design experience
- Experience with Web application development and object-oriented programming
- Expertise in design and consumption of APIs
- Relational database knowledge (like PostgreSQL)
- Solid understanding of IT security concepts
- Excited about working with other engineers and product experts in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Scrum team environment, practicing DDD
- Motivated, well organised, proactive, eager to learn and self-improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- AWS deployment expertise
- Serverless (AWS Lambda)
- Familiarity with microservice/macroservice architecture
- Previous agile development experience
- Fintech background
- Culture of trust, constructive feedback and self-organization, agile mindset, regular face-to-face team building events (up to 10% business travelling for remote work setups), regular knowledge sharing through tech talks (including invited keynotes as well)
- Get to make a real impact on thousands of small businesses every day, contributing for more equal and inclusive economy around the globe
- Get access to our Internal Tech Academy – where the company invests on your continuous training and professional growth (individual growth plan, internal top-flight coaches, paid conferences/courses/learning materials, dedicated working time for learning purposes);
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people
- Be supported to grow and take leadership from day one
- Be paid a competitive salary
- Benefit from home/remote work opportunities and flexible working hours
- Employer-Funded Pension plan (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge / BAV)
- Benefit from an office in the centre of Berlin with great perks (Free drinks and fresh fruit, Urban Sports Club membership, Pizza Thursday)
- Have the option to take German language courses and to bring your best buddy to work. We love dogs!
Finiata is a technology provider that enables small businesses to focus on what matters most: their business. As a data-first organisation, we wake up everyday to challenge the established practices in the B2B Fintech landscape. We do it by building cutting-edge AI technology in-house that enables us to personalise profitable lending offers at scale and in real-time.
Our direct-to-market Finiata app enables businesses to have working-capital approved in less than 7 minutes. Our lending-as-a-service platform allows online marketplaces, payment providers and any other product company focused on solving small business’ needs to underwrite customers and solve the working-capital problem with little-to-no technological background or lending expertise. Ultimately, we strongly believe in solving our customers’ challenges regardless of their geographical footprint, business model, product channels or industrial vertical through extreme data-driven customer centricity.
Finiata was founded in 2016 and is funded by top European investors. Our team is filled with curious people who want to learn while having fun and consists of more than 50+ talents from 20+ nations located in three offices in Germany and Poland, Ukraine, as well as globally (remote). We appreciate the power of diversity and share a passion for product development, technology and creating exceptional user experiences that have a real impact on our customers’ lives. Join a fast-growing company of smart and ambitious people to support more than 1 million small businesses over the next 5 years!