Machine Learning (ML) is revolutionizing the way of doing business at a global scale. In business lending, Finiata takes the technological forefront by developing proprietary technology that allows us to take accurate decisions in a fully data driven fashion. YOU will contribute to further develop the in-house all-data-things technology by engineering and productizing novel pipelines and ML models.
Note: This position is open from junior to senior level, depending on each candidate’s expertise. In addition to our Warsaw-based office, we are also open to hire you on a fully remote setup as long as you are legally based in Poland.
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Backend Engineers, Quality Engineers and DevOps to operationalize proprietary machine learning technology for different problems
- Design and maintain scalable ETL and MLOps infrastructure usable in multiple scenarios and applications (e.g.: data science, advanced analytics)
- Design and develop health and performance monitoring tools (MLOps) of data pipelines and the machine learning services in production
- Design and improve heterogenous, asynchronous and high-performance large-data processing pipelines from/to multiple sources/destinations
- Operationalize innovative, data-intensive, end-to-end machine-learning(ML)-based decision engines
- Highly motivated with excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge and professional working experience with software engineering, ETL pipelines and setting up machine learning workflows
- Solid Python software engineering skills, including best practices like CI/CD and Git
- Experience in designing/implementing virtualization services (e.g.: Docker/Kubernetes/Lambda Functions), microservices architectures (e.g.: RESTful API with Flask) and Kafka messaging queues in AWS cloud ecosystem *
- Experience with Agile philosophies (e.g.: Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban, XP) and project management tools (e.g.: JIRA) *
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
As a plus:
- 2+ years of experience in deploying and maintaining in production data pipelines working at scale which are fuelling and/or being fueled by machine learning models in production
- Basic understanding of machine learning product lifecycle and the commonly associated components (MLOps): Experimental Environment (e.g.: Jupyter Notebook, MLflow) Workflow management (e.g.: Airflow), Feature Stores (e.g.: Feast), DataOps/Pipelines (e.g.: Kafka), Model Deployment (e.g.: Terraform), Testing, Serving (e.g.: Docker, Flask). and Monitoring (e.g.: Datadog), Model Repository (e.g.: DVC) *
* List of technologies/methodologies is for illustrative purposes. You are not expected to have experience in each single one of these technologies/methodologies. We don’t believe in super-heroes but rather in super-teams 🙂
- Culture of trust, constructive feedback and self-organization, agile mindset, regular face-to-face team building events (up to 10% business travelling for remote work setups), regular knowledge sharing through tech talks (including invited keynotes as well)
- Get to make a real impact on thousands of small businesses every day, contributing for more equal and inclusive economy around the globe
- Get access to our Internal Tech Academy – where the company invests on your continuous training and professional growth (individual growth plan, internal top-flight coaches, paid conferences/courses/learning materials, dedicated working time for learning purposes)
- Work with the best and learn from other competent and brilliant people
- Be supported to grow and take leadership from day one
- Be paid a competitive salary
- Have the possibility of participating in our company equity program (senior level-above)
- Benefit from home/remote work opportunities and flexible working hours and enjoy additional company holidays on 24th and 31st December!
- Benefit from an office in the centre of Warsaw with great perks (e.g. good coffee, fresh fruit, Multisport membership)
- Have the option to bring your best buddy to work. We love dogs!
Finiata is a technology provider that enables small businesses to focus on what matters most: their business. As a data-first organization, we wake up everyday to challenge the established practices in the B2B Fintech landscape. We do it by building cutting-edge AI technology in-house that enables us to personalize profitable lending offers at scale and in real-time. This technology leverages in 2B+ historical data points to serve 70M+ euros to small businesses in a fully automated fashion.
Our direct-to-market Finiata app enables businesses to have working-capital approved in less than 7 minutes. Our lending-as-a-service platform allows online marketplaces, payment providers and any other product company focused on solving small business’ needs to underwrite customers and solve the working-capital problem with little-to-no technological background or lending expertise. Ultimately, we strongly believe in solving our customers’ challenges regardless of their geographical footprint, business model, product channels or industrial vertical through extreme data-driven customer centricity.
Finiata was founded in 2016 and is funded by top European investors. Our team is filled with curious people who want to learn while having fun and consists of more than 50+ talents from 20+ nations located in three offices in Germany and Poland, Ukraine, as well as globally (remote). We appreciate the power of diversity and share a passion for product development, technology and creating exceptional user experiences that have a real impact on our customers’ lives. Join a fast-growing company of smart and ambitious people to support more than 1 million small businesses over the next 5 years!